Big News in the JBLM Real Estate Market From Phil Sharp HomesJune 2013
If someone you know is PCS’ing to JBLM, please forward this email…It contains lots of great links for resources and housing in the JBLM area!
Home Search Tools
Integrate your PC and cell phone with Phil Sharp Homes home search tools. Save favorites at home, see them on the go and vice versa.
The tools you want, the convenience you need.
Once you have written an offer on your new home and it has been accepted, you can expect the following actions to take place.
• The offer will be provided to your lender so that they may begin processing the transaction. The lender will take the following steps:
o Verify that nothing has changed regarding your financial situation, and place the loan with an underwriter. The underwriter’s job is to insure that all is on the up and up, and that there are no surprises.
o Order an appraisal: depending upon the type of loan, the lender may do this him or her self, or in the case of a VA loan, a VA appraiser must do the appraisal. This is done to insure that the lender does not influence the appraisal amount.
o This is the time to consider locking your interest rate, if you believe that rates may go up.
• Inspection: I will coordinate the inspection. We typically have 10 days to complete the inspection; with an additional 5 days should further inspections be needed.
• Home Warranty: I will place a warranty on the home in time for it to become effective upon the closing date.
• The Title Company: Your contract, along with your earnest money deposit, will be provided to the title company that will close the transaction. The title company will prepare a “title report” addressing the condition of the property title, liens, and any other issues that may impact your ownership of the property. The title company does not verify physical features such as fences and property lines. The earnest money will be held in the title company trust account, and will be applied to the purchase price.
• Underwriting and Closing: Once all verifications are done, and the appraisal is approved, the underwriter will prepare loan documents and forward them to the title company/escrow offer. The escrow officer then prepares a closing package, which includes the loan documents, deed to the property, tax documents etc.
Once all the documents are in order (usually within 24 hours of receipt), the buyer and seller will sign the documents that are applicable to each of them. The documents are sent back to the lender for final review, the money is transferred to escrow/the seller, and the title to the property is recorded at the county in your name. After the signing, you will not actually own the property for 4-24 hours.
How Affordable is Owning a Home?
Our Comparisons in BUYING vs. RENTING. Information gathered March 29, 2013. Rental ad retreived from The Olympian Newspaper. Real Property listing retreived from the Northwest MLS Home Search on PhilSharpHomes.com.
Rental: McKenna/Roy Area, WA
3 Bed, 1.5 bath, 3 car garage – Remodeled.
RENT: $1300.00 mo.
For Sale: MLS# 503612 Roy, WA
3 bed, bath, 2 parking NEW CONSTRUCTION 1,577 sq. ft., .18 acre lot. Master suite, bonus room or 4th bedroom, laminate flooring, granite counter tops. $175,000.
Mortgage Calculator Results: (All values are estimates, no fees or taxes included. Your results may vary based on your qualifications)
20% down – $35,000 w/4.5% interest, 30 yr. = $709.00 mo.
0 down – w/4.5% interest, 30 yr. = $886.00 mo.
Click the links below to go see the latest foreclosure “quick search” listings available.
Your Resource Toolbox
Free Relocation Packet
Get your FREE Relocation Packet via USPS today! We send to APO’s too, of course! Get Pierce & Thurston County Visitor Guides, Area Maps, WA Visitors Guide, Area Lodging, Recreation, Community & JBLM information and MORE! Click the pic above or click here to get your FREE Relocation Packet sent today.
YOUR Personal Relocation Sponsor, Meet Gina
Gina is NOT and agent, sales person, or paid on commission. Gina IS YOUR personal contact who offers FREE information services to those relocating to the JBLM area. She knows about the area, schools, commutes, employment, and more…just ask her! If Gina doesn’t know, she’ll find out. Visit the Relocation Dept or email Gina directly at email@example.com.
The Best Home Search Tools Available
FREE Android Home Search APP. Scan the QR code with your phone to get the “PSHomes Search” App in the Android Market for FREE.
NO ANDROID? NO PROBLEM!
Scan and bookmark fortlewis.mobi for the same great tool. It works on all devices, including iPhone, iPad, Windows phones.
ABOUT YOUR PHIL SHARP NETWORK
Phil Sharp is the sole agent/Broker at Phil Sharp Homes and uses his extensive network to help YOU find or sell your home. Keeping your needs in mind, his wife Gayle will assist while touring homes, Stephanie will help with paperwork and finding the listings you want, Gina will help with all your relocation needs, and countless other resources and tools Phil has as part of his “network” is available to assist you.
ONE AGENT, AN ARMY OF RESOURCES.
SPECIALIZING IN MILITARY MOVES doesn’t mean PSH only deals with service members. Spouses, family and community members are equally served. Our Relocation Services are especially for Military Spouses to help meet the FAMILY’s needs. We are your personal contact and resource when you are moving to WA. Spouses need info., we have it here just for you.Contact: Phil Sharp Homes 4133 Sleater-Kinney Rd NE, Olympia, WA 98506 360-970-9977 Services: